Wednesday, August 12, 2020

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

And Then There Were None is a mystery novel about a group of strangers who get invited to a house on a mysterious island. Tensions rise when phonograph in the living room turns on and accuses each individual of committing murder. After that, each person starts to die, the method of death matching that of a poem titled “Ten Little Indians”.

I loved this book because of how creative it was. I had never read a mystery book before this one that had based the storyline around a children’s nursery rhyme. I also enjoyed how the book maintained a nice level of suspense and kept me on my toes until the very end. The big reveal of the murderer was one of the most shocking reveals I had ever read. I was not able to predict how it would end, and the answer was one that had not even crossed my mind as a possibility. I really enjoyed this book and it is one of my favorite mystery books of all time.

Review Written by Victoria, 9th Grade