Thursday, July 02, 2020

Posted by John David Anderson

At Branton Middle School, and in middle school in general, words are powerful. They are enemy-inducing weapons, and friend-building gifts. When cell phones are banned at BMS, Frost and his friends Deedee, Wolf, and Bench create a new system of communication: sticky notes. They leave them for each other all around the school. Before long, their sticky note trend catches on, and everyone at BMS begins to communicate that way. As the year progresses, the post-it war escalates, and Frost, with the help of some new friends, must stop the battle before their middle school devolves into chaos.

 I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a great take on the middle school experience, and I loved its light-hearted humor. The plot is extremely creative, and the characters were extremely entertaining. This story held my attention from cover to cover. I will definitely read it again. I would recommend this book to middle schoolers, and students entering middle school. It offers great perspective, and I think it’s a wonderful light summer read.

Review Written by Asha, 9th Grade