Friday, July 10, 2020

The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin

The Westing Game is a mystery book about the murder of a millionaire named Sam Westing. In his will, he names multiple people living in a nearby apartment building, named Sunset Towers, as his heirs. Through his will and the game he has created with it, the heirs attempt to solve the murder of Sam Westing and win the game prize of $200 million dollars along with control of Westing’s company.

I really enjoyed this book because of the suspense and uncertainty that unfolds until the very end, when the answer is revealed. As clue after clue about the murder is revealed, questions keep multiplying inside the reader’s head. This made it almost impossible to put the book down after I started reading it. The ending of the book was very clever and took me by surprise, as I was not expecting it to end that way. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery novel.

Review Written by Victoria, 9th Grade